Reports To: Executive Director, Critical Care Services
Job Code: 20.8000
The clinical care nurse expert functions in a bedside, hands-on role as a nurse expert, educator and consultant for assigned departments in the clinical development and education of nursing staff. Analyzes and validates educational needs and competencies. Develops and initiates training programs that facilitate achievement of clinical care nursing competency goals. Participates in the development of standards of practice using the most current evidence. Implements critical care nursing education processes that enhance knowledge, skills and attitudes for safe, competent and effective nursing practice. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Current license as Registered Nurse in the state of Idaho.
2. BSN required
3. Currently enrolled and actively pursuing a Master's in Nursing
4. A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in clinical care nursing practices OR a Master's degree in Nursing with five (5) years of experience in clinical care nursing practices required.
5. Previous experience in designing, developing, conducting and evaluating training programs for adult learners preferred.
6. BLS Required.
Essential Job Functions (Physical Requirements):
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential job function.
- On feet a minimum of 8-12 hours, depending on length of shift.
- Frequent stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and pushing heavy equipment.
- Read charts, dials, equipment settings, literature and other printed and handwritten materials.
- Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
- Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
- Kootenai Health operates 24 hours per day each day of the year, operational needs of departments may require that you be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment.
Are you a CNA looking for a new opportunity? At Kootenai Health, CNA's play a pivotal role in helping patients heal in a safe and compassionate environment. We are looking for a CNA to join our team!
About the Job
As a CNA you will perform various direct patient care activities under the supe... More
Purpose of Job:
Improve the overall health of the communities we serve by providing primary medical services at CHAS clinics in accordance with policies, procedures and regulations of the CHAS Board of Directors and administration as follows:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Treats a mixed p... More