Kootenai Health is seeking a compassionate Respiratory Care Practitioner to care for our littlest patients. Our NICU needs you!
Neonatal care at Kootenai Health is designed for babies who need special monitoring and medical attention. Our NICU can care for babies born as early as 28 weeks gestation, and those as small as about 2 pounds.
Kootenai Health has a solid reputation in the Pacific Northwest and has a rich history that spans nearly 60 years of innovation, achievements, and benchmarks in healthcare. Providing a comprehensive range of medical services, our main campus is located in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and includes a 299-bed community-owned hospital. We have been recognized among large employers as the No. 1 Best Place to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare magazine, and are regularly recognized by Cleverly and Associates for providing value to our community.
· Incredible Benefits - As a full time employee, your medical, dental and vision premiums are covered 100% by Kootenai Health.
· 2017 Gallup Great Workplace Award - Kootenai Health has been recognized as one of the most engaged and productive workforces in the world!
· 3 Time Magnet Designated since 2006 - This designation is nursing's top honor, accepted nationally as the gold standard in nursing excellence. Kootenai Health was the first hospital in the Inland Northwest to receive this designation and the second in Idaho.
· Member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network - In 2014 Kootenai Health became the 30th member, a national network of like-minded organizations that share a commitment to better serving patients and their families. Kootenai Health is the first health care organization in the Pacific Northwest to be selected as a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, and, like all network members, will remain locally-owned and independent health care provider.
About the Lead Respiratory Care Practitioner position:
Oversees and coordinates the day to day respiratory care activities in the NICU ensuring effective and efficient operations. Functions as a respiratory resource and an integrated member of the multidisciplinary NICU care team. Collaborates with other NICU care team members in the creation of care policies, procedures and care plans, assuring that these are evidence based and consistent with recognized industry best practice. Works cooperatively and collaboratively with NICU medical staff and all other members of the NICU care team. Assures that all members of the NICU respiratory care team have objective assessment of required competencies performed and documented at prescribed intervals. Participate in annual performance appraisal process for all NICU RCPs. Maintains respiratory care quality assurance/ PI programs for the NICU. Maintains all standards for state and federal regulations. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of Respiratory Therapy required. Current licensure as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in Idaho required. Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS-C) required. Current AHA Healthcare provider, American Red Cross, AHA Health Saver or KMC BLS within 60 days of hire. Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required. Credentialed as an RRT (RCP III) by the NBRC required. Minimum of four years of previous clinical/hospital experience required. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Purpose of Job:
Improve the overall health of the communities we serve by providing social or behavioral health services to patients and families by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides individual and group counseling services within individual scope of ... More
Are you reliable, dependable, over age 18, and willing to work flexible split shift hours? If so, please apply in person for our dining room server position. Orchard Crest Retirement 222 S Evergreen Rd, Spokane Valley WA 99216. Ask for the Dining Room Supervisor. More