Do you thrive on adrenaline? Do you want to be part of a fast-paced team dedicated to giving the best care to those who need it most? Kootenai Health is seeking a detail oriented, community-minded, quality driven, and highly motivated Health Unit Coordinator.
A Health Unit Coordinator provides secretarial duties and support for all employees within an assigned nursing unit in a fast-paced and detail rich environment.
· Responsible for providing secretarial support for all employees within an assigned nursing unit · Maintains and updates patients' records for a given unit · Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field · Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job · Works under immediate supervision · Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone · Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc. · A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required · Typically reports to a supervisor or manager · Performs other related duties as assigned · Physical Requirements: Required to be able to sit for up to 4 hrs per day depending on length of shift; Occasionally may be required to lift up to 20 lbs, floor to waist, waist to shoulder and above shoulder height; No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Requirements & Minimum Qualifications
Education and Experience
· 2 years of experience as a Health Unit Coordinator; or an equivalent combination of related education and experience required. · Knowledge of spelling and medical terminology preferred
About Kootenai Health
Kootenai Health has a solid reputation in the Pacific Northwest and has a rich history that spans nearly 60 years of innovation, achievements, and benchmarks in healthcare. Providing a comprehensive range of medical services, our main campus is located in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and includes a 292-bed community-owned hospital. We have been recognized among large employers as the No. 1 Best Place to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare magazine, and are regularly recognized by Cleverly and Associates for providing value to our community. Have you considered a career at Kootenai Health? Maybe you should!
· 2017 Gallup Great Workplace Award - Kootenai Health has been recognized as one of the most engaged and productive workforces in the world!
· Member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network - in 2014 Kootenai Health became the 30th member, a national network of like-minded organizations that share a commitment to better serving patients and their families. Kootenai Health is the first health care organization in the Pacific Northwest to be selected as a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, and, like all network members, will remain locally-owned and independent health care provider.
· 3 Time Magnet Designated since 2006 - This designation is nursing's top honor, accepted nationally as the gold standard in nursing excellence. Kootenai was the first hospital in the Inland Northwest to receive this designation and the second in Idaho.
At Century West Engineering, were proud to provide our staff with opportunity and growth potential. For nearly 50 years, weve steadily welcomed additional employees, opened new offices, and shaped fulfilling careers. Over 20% of our employees have been at Century West for more than 15 years. Our phi... More
Director of Facilities and Campus Development
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University curre... More
Are you an energetic, growth oriented people leader? If the answer is YES, we want you to round out our Leadership team at Basic American Foods in Moses Lake. We are a dynamic pack of individuals seeking a "like minded" people leader to help us grow our people! More