Kootenai Health is seeking a detail oriented, community-minded, quality driven, and highly motivated Financial Clearance Specialist.
A Financial Clearance Specialist works at point of contact with patients and patient families in order to gather the appropriate information and establish communication of financial responsibility.
· Collect demographic, insurance, and financial information from incoming patients prior to delivery of services · Identify and verifies active payer sources for patients · May assist in point of service admissions processes · Obtain any pre-authorizations / pre-certifies services to secure payer payment obligation · May review claims or records to ensure accurate completion or coding in an effort to reduce reimbursement denials · Calculates and communicates patient financial liability as assigned by patient's insurance policy · Educates patients on insurance policy limitations, self-pay obligation and payment alternatives · Assists patient in navigating the financial assistance programs offered through the Business Office · Performs other related duties as assigned Physical Requirements: Majority of shift spent sitting, ability to work at computer terminal for a specified period of time, frequent stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and pushing heavy equipment Read charts, dials, equipment settings, literature and other printed and handwritten materials Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
Requirements & Minimum Qualifications
· High school diploma required
· Minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience in Patient Registrar, Medical Billing Office or Insurance required · Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field · Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals · A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
· Knowledge of ICD9, CPT4, and HCPCS codes; and Medical Terminology required.
Kootenai Health Highlights
Kootenai Health provides comprehensive medical services to patients in northern Idaho and the Inland Northwest. Its main campus is located in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and includes a 292-bed community-owned hospital. Kootenai Health is accredited by DNV, holds Magnet designation for nursing excellence, and is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. It is also designated as a Level III Trauma Center, and accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. We offer an excellent tuition reimbursement program, wellness program and on-going educational classes to all employees. If you want to work and live in a great area, then check out Kootenai Health and Coeur d'Alene Idaho.
· We have a full spectrum of employee reward, recognition, and retention programs. · We received "The Best Place to Work in Large Healthcare Organizations" and considered one of the nation's top 20 "Best Places to Work in Healthcare." · Workplace health and wellness initiatives - In 2009, Kootenai received the Wellness Councils of America's Gold National Well Workplace designation · Outstanding training and educational opportunities · Positive employee/supervisor relationships · Great Benefits We have so much more - don't want to give it all away!
Cascade Medical is looking for a full-time Laboratory Director to manage Lab operations and administration. Consider joining our team of caring and committed professionals who focus on clinical excellence. Required qualifications include ASCP certification, Bachelors degree in a health related field... More
Enduris is the premier property and casualty self-insurance pool for special purpose districts in Washington State. Located in Spokane, we are an energetic, high performance office in need of an experienced Claims Analyst. This is an established position in a growing and progressive organization.
Spokane County United Way is seeking a personable administrative professional to organize our databases, schedule activities and take charge of back office procedures. For a complete job announcement and application instructions, go to unitedwayspokane.org. EOE More